One Year Anniversary of Chronic Fatigue

It has been a little over one year since my first post about my chronic fatigue. Here are the links if you would like a recap.

Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four

I continue to feel good, strong, and energetic.  I am still under the care of my alternative MD whom I now see very 6 months.  I get tested and I am currently being treated for viruses and molds.  I am still predominantly gluten free but I find I can eat a limited amount Acme sourdough bread with minimal to no problems. I've tried other sourdough breads but Acme seems to be the only one I don't react to.  I read that if one eats a true sourdough bread (bread fermented with yeast and Lactobacillus), the organisms break down gluten and therefore is less likely to cause problems.   I haven't tried eating a lot of it, but I can eat a sandwich every once in a while.  I occasionally test my system by eating something with gluten and I will feel the ache in my joints.

What are the metrics I use to measure  my energy?  A few months before I visited the ER in 2016 (my first visit), I wasn't doing much entertaining. I looked at  my calendar and didn't see much socializing.   I said "no" to just about everything.  I remember feeling tired but I thought it was because I was getting old.  Fast forward to August 2017, and the calendar showed that I was doing many more activities.   I was starting to feel like my old self.  And once 2018 rolled around, there were even more events, dinners, fundraisers and parties in my life.  I take a dance class 3 times a week, Pilates twice a week and have added a lot more walking in my daily life.  In addition to walking  Daisy, my chow labrador mix (chabradow?), I walk to my dance classes which is a 5 mile round trip walk, with a good amount of hills.
Daisy

And here is a link about research that links viruses to seven autoimmune diseases.

Comments

Popular Posts