Resolute

Part of the clean up of the studio, I found an unsuccessful painting that I decided to paint over.  And this is the result.

"Resolute"

I wanted to do more  "Sawako" series paintings and this first one of the year  has a dark side.  While painting, my thoughts were consumed with the horrific sexual molestation scandal of the USA gymnasts and other Michigan State athletes.  While painting, images appeared and I went with them.  The lone, bright flower facing away from the viewer appeared and I saw a large dark mass forming below it which I brought into focus. I  interpreted that to mean the lone bright flower was the original brave accuser.  She is facing the dark mass, who is the evil you know who.
I've shown the painting to a few people and no one sees the dark side.  But now you know.

Comments

Sonja said…
Love the painting and loved your explanation. When I noticed the round black object I thought it might be the Death Star ;-)
Well done!

Popular Posts