Here We Go Again - New American Paintings

Hope springs eternal as they say.  Every year, I apply to New American Paintings and every year, my work is rejected.  I got somewhat close last year when my work was accepted into Studio Visit Magazine which has ties to NAP.  So, here I go again ...this time, submitting the paintings from the Sawako series.  Deadline to apply is June 30, 2017 for the Pacific Coast Region.  Even though my work was published in a very nice glossy art magazine last year, this did not result in sales or even one inquiry.
Is this the definition of madness?  Repeating the process and hoping for a different outcome?
Sawako 2
oil and beeswax on canvas
36 in x 48 in
2016

Sawako 3
oil and beeswax on panel
20 in X 20 in
2016

Sawako 4
oil and beeswax on panel
20 in X 20 in
2016

Sawako 5
oil and beeswax on panel
20 in X 20 in
2016

Comments

Unknown said…
Katherine:
No, it is NOT madness because you are NOT doing "the same thing" and here is why? Every year, they have a DIFFERENT person making the selection so, maybe the person last year didn't like your work BUT, maybe the person this year would. this is one of those things that is worth pursuing.
Love: Antonio
P/s I have a new number (816) 877-1974

Popular Posts