Art Millennium Opening Night Reception


I answered a "call for art" a while ago for the first annual Art Millennium SF and was accepted.  I didn't really have a good idea about the organization and the website was confusing.  So, I felt a little anxious and some trepidation when I delivered my paintings to the historic Odd Fellows building.  I've been involved with shows that lacked organization or treated the work sloppily.  Would this be another example of this?


The short answer is "no".  The organizers were wonderful!  They treated the work with respect, hung the work in the basement with good lighting.  I am still unclear what Art Millennium had to do with the Fusion School but there were some impressive works by students in this exhibition.  





my work
I enjoyed other artists' work...
Francesco Rosato

Susan Chan

And there was a t-shirt component - WearThatArt produced t-shirts with images of our paintings.  I would never have one of my color fields as a t-shirt image because it wouldn't be successful.  A graphic image would be much more suitable but I appreciate the effort.



I attended the opening night although the exhibition went on all weekend.  I picked up my work Tuesday evening and I received my free t-shirts with my image and some Flax coupons.   The organizers were enthusiastic but most importantly, they took their work seriously and treated my work with respect.  It may come as a surprise, but that doesn't always happen in the art world.

After picking up the paintings, I celebrated by having a drink at Local Brewing.  I am not a beer drinker but I make an exception - Local's "Winter Sweater" is a beer I will happily imbibe all evening.

Comments

Popular Posts