Purge!

Are all artists hoarders?  I was becoming one.  I've saved pieces of wood (great painting surface), all types of paper, birch veneer strips and found objects.  This week, I went up to my art storage attic and got down to the task of sorting out everything.  I started with paintings - so far 10 are in the garbage after removing them from their supports.  I threw away sweaters that I used to paint in.  I threw away flowers from the mother's funeral.  I threw (recycled) away glass and plastic containers.  Some paintings were removed from their supports and nailed to the wall to keep them out of the way.  And now, I can walk across the space without balancing over piles.  There is still more work to do but I feel somewhat cleansed.  And, I have found half finished paintings I can use to paint over.

Comments

Popular Posts