"Succulents" and "Maple Tree in England"

For the past month, I've been working slowly and steadily on two paintings, both inspired by what I see on my walks.  "Succulents" is self explanatory - I would see this bed of succulents and in the springtime, they have a graying green that almost glowed.  They look very different in the summer.  But I wanted to capture its springtime exuberance.

"Succulents" 2016
oil and beeswax
40 in X 30 in

 "Maple Tree in England" was a wondrous maple tree with light yellow green leaves with a hint of pink.  I fell in love with the colors.  I came upon it on a garden tour in a village I was staying in.  Such a quaint and civilized way to enjoy the countryside.

"Maple Tree in England"  2016
oil and beeswax
30 in X 40 in

Another painting, one I have been struggling with is now at a point where I observe it in my home.  I've already brought it home once before and then deemed it "unfinished".  I will spend time looking at it at different times during the day, see it under artificial light, and see how it fits in a home.

Comments

Popular Posts