SFMOMA!

Yay!  SFMOMA has reopened!   I've gone three times and I can't get enough.  The first time was the member preview.  I went with a member of the artists' group and we basically rushed through every floor in order to see everything.  I was elated!  The second time was with the husband and the third time was with a dear friend.  It is interesting  to hear what non-artists have to say about modern art.  I always learn something.  By the third time, I was taking in more and different work.  The first and second times, I only wanted to focus on Agnes Martin, Cy Twombly, Joan Mitchell, Mark Bradford, Sol LeWitt and Brice Marden.  The third time I spent more time with Mark Grotjahn,  sculptures, and installations.  I still need to spend time with the photography section, videos, and Sightglass coffee.
The Fisher collection is impressive - I feel grateful that they have shared their collection with us all.









Every visit so far,  I've spent a good deal of time wandering around the Richard Serra monumental piece.  It looks claustrophobic in the space, from above.  But once I start walking in the piece, I feel like I can't breathe, I'm dizzy, and I feel stoned.  And that feeling lasts for several minutes after leaving it.   Normally, I don't like feeling that way but to experience that just from looking at art...that is something!





Comments

Popular Posts