Commission Done

This smaller version of "Washington Crossing the Delaware" is a commission for a friend from graduate school.   I went to see the original painting at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC last November, and noticed a huge difference between the real thing and the source material I had been using (which by the way came from the Met's own magazine).  I wanted to capture the essence of the original painting.


I woke up during the night and remembered, there's suppose to be an island in the back!  This time, I chose the Farallones.

There, done and I can relax.  The client came by and was  pleased with it.  It needs a good deal of drying time so it will stay in the studio for the time being.
I had so much fun painting this in oil (the others were done in acrylic), that I started a bigger one (24 in X 48 in).  My inventory for "Trees Posing" is rather low so I think I will focus on this style for open studios.  Some of the themes I will revisit will be "The Last Supper" and "Raft of the Medusa".






Comments

Popular Posts