What the Pretend Curator Wants

This coming weekend is Weekend 2 of Open Studios with 2 more weekends of art to come.  
If the  Pretend Curator (me) had to choose from the ArtSpan artists' work to add to her collection, it would be the following:
Recap:  For the last 4 blog posts, I've been imagining myself to be a curator using the works from the ArtSpan artists' exhibition as a starting point.  Today, it's about me!  


"Untitled " by Xavier Viramontes
print 2015

I already own Xavier Viramontes print which I bought many years ago and love looking at it.  This one is particularly amusing so in addition to the color fields in the house, it would be a good counterpoint.
"Votive Tray with Bowl" by Scott Wynn
wood  2012

Scott Wynn's piece is sculptural, beautiful and functional.  I have a few sculptural pieces and I think I need to add more visual interest with Shiho Takahashi's ceramic work.  I like it because it keeps me wondering what they are - peanuts?  organs?

"Untitled White Clay" by Shiho Takahashi
ceramic  2015


"Life Savings" by Jane Woolverton
flax, shredded money  2009
And while I didn't touch Jane Woolverton's piece, I wanted to.  If I bought it, then I could!  I love the color and the shape.

"Untitled Landscape" by Irena Kononova
oil on panel  2015
Irena Kononova's oil painting positively glows!  I couldn't keep my eye off of it even though it was located in the worst spot in the exhibition.  That back room is awful but every body has to have turn in it.

"Celerem Pullus" by Tim Guydish
photograph  2015
Everybody needs a man in a chicken outfit photograph.



"Abstract #4" by Elise Odom
acrylic  2015
Red is a color I usually don't gravitate to but this painting by Elise Odom had a quality that I loved.  I was surprised it was done in acrylic which usually has an unpleasant plastic look.  She made the painting look yummy.

"Windows at Alamo Square" by Eugene Loch
photograph, metal print  2015
This looked like a very detailed painting.  It gave me vertigo looking at it and I like it when something affects me in a physical way.


Daisy in the gallery
Even though the first weekend of art has passed, don't hesitate to contact the artist of interest to see if you can come by to see the work.  Many will still have their work up or be happy to show you work not on display.

Comments

Popular Posts