ArtLaunch at SOMarts

Last night's ArtLaunch was a well attended, lively event that officially heralds the start of the SF Open Studios season.  Patrons came dressed up in stylish cocktail attire, drinking the signature cocktail (vodka and ginger ale), and looking at the art.  And I want to emphasize the "looking" because unlike other art openings, these people were taking their time looking at the work.  

I usually go for about an hour, have a quick look but because I hate crowds, have to leave.  I will be volunteering as a gallery sitter next Thursday at which time, I will leisurely look at the work.
This year, I am gravitating towards more sculptural pieces but more about that later when I've had time to commune with the pieces.
The exhibition at SOMArts will be open to the public through November 7, 2015.  All the pieces are 20 inches X 20 inches or smaller, the perfect size for most walls.

art from Francisco Studios artists (like me!)

What a great way to view art, with like minded people and cocktails!


Comments

Popular Posts