Rothko, Morandi, and More...Oh My!

Hyperventilating....
after reading the NY Times article about upcoming art shows in the country.
I came up with a list of 35 shows I would love to see, two of which I have to see, without question.

Top of the list is the Mark Rothko Retrospective at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston.  When I read about this, I felt like Homer Simpson hearing about free donuts...omg, omg, omg!  The link above provides you with a promotional code for discounted tickets, good for a limited time only.
More info here.

Mark Rothko

The other show at the top of my wish list is the Giorgio Morandi show at the Center for Italian Modern Art in NYC

Giorgio Morandi
And then there are shows that I would like to know more about the artist or style:
In and Out of the Studio: Photographic Portraits from West Africa",  NYC
Asian Art @ 100: A History of Photographs, NYC
Abstraction and Dreaming: Aboriginal Paintings from Australia's Western Desert 1971 - present, Utah State University
No Boundaries: Aboriginal Australian Contemporary Abstract Painting, Miami
Modern Pueblo Paintings of Awa Tsireh, Washington DC
For a New World to Come: Experiments in Japanese Art and Photography 1868-1979, NYC
Treasures from the House of Alba, Titian, Goya, Rembrandt, Dallas
Jack Whitten: Five Decades of Painting, Minneapolis
Kongo: Power and Majesty, NYC
Opening of the Broad Museum, LA
Berlin Metropoles 1918-1933, NYC
Looking East: How Japan Inspired Monet, van Gogh and other Western Artists, SF
Dark Days, Bright Nights: Contemporary Paintings from Finland, KC
Magdalena Fernandez, LA
Super Indians: Fritz Scholck 1967-1980, Denver
Richard Pousette-Dart 1930's, NYC
Weimar Republic 1919-1933, LA
Andrea del Sarto: The Renaissance Workshop in Action, NYC
Museum of Stones, NYC
Alberto Burri: The Trauma of Painting, NYC
Gauguin to Picasso: Masterworks from Switzerland, Washington DC
Class Distinctions and Dutch Painting in the Age of Rembrandt and Vermeer, Boston
Walid Road, NYC
Art Brut in America: Jean Dubuffet NYC
Zhang Hongtu, Queens Museum
Delacroix's Influence: the Rise of Modern ARt from Cezanne to van Gogh, Minneapolis
30 Americans, Detroit
Japanese Kogei- Future Forward, NYC
Fashion & Virtual: Texture Patterns and the Print Revolution, NYC
Sotatsu: Making Waves, Washington DC
Kay Walkingstick: an American Artist, Washington DC
Alma Thomas, a Retrospective, Sarasota Springs
Painting the Modern Garden: Monet to Matisse, Cleveland

that's 35 shows I would love to see.
I am planning on a trip to NYC so I will be able to catch a few.  But I need to plan on the trip to Houston.  I can also visit the Rothko Chapel while I am there.  The show runs through January 24, 2016.

Comments

Popular Posts