Back to Painting

resting phase of painting - not quite done 

I planned on  returning to color fields after my trip to Tibet as a way to ease back into painting.  It is a style I love doing even though I often have problems with my hands and wrist because of the repetitive nature of the way I apply the paint.  I wanted to return to green because my favorite green painting was sold.    I also have a commission to work on - trees posing as Washington Crossing the Delaware but in a much smaller size from my SFPL commission.  I am not sure what do show at the upcoming Open Studios in October but I have a lot of inventory to choose from.

I've also been purging the studio of "meh" paintings.  I take them off the stretcher bars so that I can reuse the supports for new paintings.  I haven't thrown away many but I have gotten rid of several.  I thought I would have a difficult time doing that, but so far, I haven't looked back.

Comments

Popular Posts