TorC, New Mexico : Parting Shots

Some parting shots of Truth or Consequences before I leave for Albuquerque.
 The only place where you can see the natural hot springs in it's original form.   It is fenced off so there is no access.  It is associated with La Paloma Hot Springs, where I went most nights after dinner.

Passion Pie
 I spent a few mornings enjoying a cup of coffee in Passion Pie.

Outdoor art:








One of the local artists took us on a tour of his studio and apparently, a  hoarding Scotsman/entertainment attorney bought a hospital and converted it into  rtist studio spaces and outdoor gathering area for performing arts.  I say "hoarding" because the place was full of junk he collected from film location shooting.
entrance to artist studios, formerly a hospital
There was a film titled "Truth or Consequences" starring Kiefer Sutherland from 1997 - I have no idea if it was actually filmed here.  Jeff Bridges apparently owns one of the motels here, the Dude Motel (no image).
outdoor performing space
some of the  Scotsman's "treasures"

Contrast that to this beautiful property...

and exquisite flora

looks alike an egg beater push the clouds away



property right on the Rio Grande







 I will miss this view of the Starry Night common area although I didn't spend much time in it.  I spent most of the time looking at it from my room, doing my embroidery.  Farewell TorC, glad to have made your acquaintance and thanks Starry Night for the gift of time to try something completely different.



Comments

Popular Posts