TorC, New Mexico : A Little Adventure but Anxious to Get to Work

I had the weekend to acclimatize myself to TorC and thought a little adventure was in order.  I decided to visit Hillsboro and City of Rocks.  Hillsboro because it had a significant Chinese American in its history and City of Rocks because I like rocks.  
Hillsboro is located along 152, a very windy road.

the local cafe



cute buildings, not sure if they are ever open
I did the walking tour and was done within 30 minutes.   And that was Hillsboro.  Next, City of Rocks State Park, seemingly close to Hillsboro but it took a long time to get to.  There were campsites located next to these large rocks.

City of Rocks



And, that was City of Rocks....considering the amount of driving I had to do to get to these 2 destinations, I didn't think it was worth my time especially when I wanted to get started on my project.  It was good to get this out of the way so i wouldn't be regretting not getting out more.  I've done my bit of sightseeing, so now, it was time to do some thinking and creating.

So far, nothing has really inspired me visually EXCEPT..
The Santa Rita Pit Mine!  It was massive, deep, and colorful.  It surprised me as I was driving back to  TorC.   It seemed the view emerged suddenly and it took my breath away.  It was a "WTF" moment of surprise.




Comments

Popular Posts