Arrived in Truth or Consequences, New Mexico

After a quick 2 hour flight (SFO - ABQ) and a 2 1/2 hour drive south, I arrived at Truth or Consequences for my 2 week artists' residency.  The week prior to leaving was extremely stressful having just returned from England for a funeral and being in the midst of a major bathroom remodel.
I always get a little discombobulated before any trip but this stress was on an epic scale.  But once the plane started to move, I was out and slept through the take off.

Starry Night Common Area
My first impression while driving through TorC was that it has a funky vibe.  I knew it would be interesting walking around the downtown.  My residency compound was everything I imagined, funky and comfortable.  Above is the common area located right outside our apartments.
Close up of tile work

After getting the tour of the compound and meeting one of the other residence artist (3 in total), I went out to get my bearings.  Of course, photos had to be taken.






The striking Turtleback Mountain

Murals everywhere


Roswell isn't too far away....hmmmm
Hello, UFOs,  friendly earthling here! 


One thing I thought was incredibly strange is that there isn't a local watering hole, even the restaurant I had dinner in didn't serve any alcohol! Weirdness - I was so looking forward to a margarita!   Here I am in this funky town full of artists (!), and there isn't a bar in downtown TorC.  I am having trouble understanding this discrepancy.

Nina, the resident cat came by and I "poured" her a drink.  Water, straight up.

Comments

Popular Posts