Yellow and Gray are Beautiful Together

Some new paintings based on colors that I believe go beautifully together, yellow and gray.
I tried both the Edges style and the Here and Now style and I can't choose which one I like better.

2015 Edges 1



2015 Here and Now 1
I find it very comforting to work on these paintings.  I have been struggling with my dreamy landscapes and I've been playing with this partly to prepare for my upcoming artists' residency in New Mexico.  I bought a portable French easel which I will carry on the airplane.  I will buy paints and send them there since I understand that sometimes airport security won't allow oil paints.  I am a risk averse person.

Tomorrow is my artists' group meeting. We have been meeting almost every month for the last 7 years talking about our work, current shows, problems.  I cobbled together people who I felt would enrich the experience, mine and theirs.  They have certainly enhanced my life as an artist.

Comments

Popular Posts