Much Needed Escape

 A long weekend was what I needed after all the turmoil of the last  2 months.  I went to my happy place in Boonville, California located in the picturesque Anderson Valley.  Sheepdung Estates is a dog friendly place with comfortable lodgings and several hundreds of acres of hiking.  It is dog and human paradise!

 Boonville is a small, quaint town of about 700, surrounded by vineyards and therefore, wineries.  We went wine tasting everyday with the dogs, with all being very dog friendly.
 But what I needed  was to be quiet, and rest my eyes on the beautiful landscape.  I had never been to Sheepdung in Feb/Mar, usually spending time in the summer and early fall.  It was colder which meant a glorious fire every night.  The light was different and has inspired me to think about colors and the different combinations.

Late afternoon light was spectacular.







I was rewarded with a spectacular view of the fog covering the valley early morning.





Daisy, my chow/labrador mix enjoying our walks.

Comments

Unknown said…
Beautiful series which conveys some of the special qualities of the place.

Popular Posts