Arrrgh! Broken Pipe!

A brief hiatus from blogging due to a broken pipe at home during the Christmas  holiday that needed attention.  In fact, it still needs quite a bit of attention.  The broken pipe was just above the dining room.

Dehumidifiers were on 24/7 since Dec 22nd and the sound was driving me mad.  The water mitigation people were here everyday to monitor the progress.  

In addition to the pipe breaking, there were several rather seriously bad things happening to me or to people I care about.  All that brought me to a dark place where I question my contribution as an artist. 
What is the point?
What would happen if I never painted again?
The thing is, I don't make enough money to support myself and am therefore a burden.  Is my contribution enough to allay the burden?  Right now, I don't think so.
Feeling very very dark.

Comments

Unknown said…
I hope you have the important stuff in your life sorted, Katherine. It certainly helps to take a pause and evaluate where you are at the moment. And I certainly hope that the broken pipe has been fixed already. At the very least, it’s one less problem to worry about. It really looked like a big mess on the ceiling, add the fact that it’s in the dining room. Good luck with things, and I hope you’re having a great day!

Evon Brow @ Athens Plumbing

Popular Posts