The Experiment, Favorited


I did a series of small-ish paintings (12 in X 12 in) to determine  the best combinations of colors for my Iceland series.    I didn't respond to the colors or the shapes of the painting above and decided I would use this to test adding my beeswax recipe to the top layer of this acrylic painting.  When I met with my artists' group, they liked this one even though I wasn't showing it as one of the ones to critique.  It was on the side drying, not on the main critique wall but it somehow caught their eyes.  I didn't think about it much and after it dried, I wrapped it and stored it with the rest of my tests.  Although they are tests, I am planning on selling them at my next Open Studios in October, probably at a reduced rate because the supports are not of the best quality.

A friend came by wanting to look at my work and she seemed interested in my Iceland series.  I had this pile of my experiments waiting to be brought up to storage and wouldn't you know it, she liked this "reject".  Not only did she want this one, she wanted another larger one, probably 20 inches X 20 inches in similar colors.  Next, prepare my surface and get right on it!

Comments

Popular Posts