Rough Week

Last week was rough - I received 3 rejections in a period of 3 days.  I applied to the Excelsior Festival poster competition, the ProArts Bay Area Currents 2014, and ArtSpan cover art competition.  These are the only 3 competitions I applied for this year (so far).  I used to apply to many more competitions and residencies but I am being more selective and applying to the ones that look the most promising.  In the past, I haven't been very lucky in the residency department and I've only been to one (although a great one on the Big Island of Hawaii) and that one inspired me to work on abstracting the colors of Hawaii.

So, I keep moving...
I've prepped a new canvas to do a larger version of Rhododendron.

Rhodendron 2014
20" X 20"
I like this so much, that I wanted to try a different shape and bigger size.

I worked on a new cover for my sketch book.  I buy 9"X 12" sketch books and cover them with something different.  Below is one of the paintings for the cover but in the end of I chose something else.


And, I continue  making small "Iceland" paintings.

Comments

Popular Posts