Process Glitch

I have been experimenting with different background colors for my Iceland series.  The question is always, what are the "best" colors that go with that background and the best colors for the swirls that complement each other.  While doing these experiments, I also tweeked the acrylic medium by adding more  GAC 800 to lessen the effect of crazing.  Unfortunately, too much of a good thing created a bad thing and that was cracking.  It turns out when I dilute the Douglas and Sturgess Acrylic Medium Type A with a little too much GAC 800, there is cracking.  I see cracking when I dilute the Type A with water as well so it is a dilution thing.  It's difficult to see the cracks here - they are small.


I started playing with yellows and orange for the background colors.  Green, blue, and red have been done to my satisfaction.  Because of the change in the medium formula, I got some different looking results.

This last piece is not successful because the colors seem too saturated - too much primary-ness to it which I don't like.  However, there are no cracks!

Comments

Popular Posts