Interest in "Colors of Hawaii" Series

Recently, a local art consultant contacted me to see if I would be interested in showing my work at a home furnishings retailer looking for one of a kind artwork.  At first, I was dubious because of the recent art scams I wrote about earlier this year but after I checked out her website and the website of the retailer (they are big so I am sure you have heard of them) I thought "great!".  When I asked which of my series was she interested in, it turned out to be paintings from my "Colors of Hawaii".  The series was inspired by my time on the Big Island of Hawaii during an artist residency at Red Cinder.  I analyzed the colors of everything, plants, rocks, dirt and created abstract paintings.
A couple of minor problems...I  have very little inventory (3 paintings) and I haven't painted in that style since 2006!  Could I remember how to do it?
These are the works that the retailer is interested in:

Ohia Forest

Blue Ohia

Blue Lava 2
From what I remember, this style of abstract painting required a lot of paint, probably one of the reasons I stopped making them since they didn't sell.  So, I found some old, cheap oil paint to practice on and I felt relieved after I saw the result:

Blue Lava 3 2014
12 in X 12 in
oil on board
Once I find out what the retailer would like, I will go into production.





Comments

Popular Posts