Berkeley Art Center


I used to be a member of the Berkeley Art Center but let my membership lapse mainly because I had a couple of slow years in terms of art sales.  After last year's record sales, I decided to rejoin because their exhibition space is beautiful, it is located in a lovely building and in a lovely part of Berkeley.  They sponsor great shows and artists' talks, and they have launched a new feature where they will highlight the work of a chosen artist. BAC will recognize the "Featured Artists" by posting an image of his and her work on their home page and in the BAC e-newsletter, and by linking to the Featured Artist webpage. This page will include a description the work and process, a short bio or statement, recent images and links to the artist’s website or other online information. Artists shall be chosen from a pool of current members based on merit, their relationship with BAC, and the availability of information.  So, even though I probably won't be chosen, I like that they are trying to expose their members to a large audience.  I participated in their annual Winter show, open to all members and sold a painting to a board member.  

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great! You seem to be already quite established, selling art to a board member. �� Proud to have my portret painted by a San Francisco painter! Merja

Popular Posts