Orange stripe commission delivered

A new collector who bought 2 paintings from me during last year's Open Studios sent me an image of them in her lovely home.  She had it framed with a metallic border which fit nicely in the modern decor.  She also asked me to do a painting for their entry way which had a unique and amazing red/orange colored door.  It was a great commission because I liked the parameters and the challenge.  The one necessary element in the painting was that it had to have an orange stripe that was the same color as the door.  She had an inkling that the background should be greenish.  


I did two paintings because I wanted to see the what the orange stripe would look like with a grey/blue background.
I dropped off the two paintings with the client and told her to keep them for a month to see which one she liked better.  In the end, she choose the green background.


It is a decision I am happy with because I wanted to see how the gray/blue painting would work in my home.



Comments

Popular Posts