Will this be the last email? Scam Part 13

note to readers: I started reporting on this scam Dec 31, 2013, in case you want to start from the beginning. 

Adam,
I am writing this email from the public library because my laptop was confiscated!  When I returned to the bank on Friday, the bank manager took me to a back room where there were two people waiting to talk to me about your check!  As they handed me their business cards, they introduced themselves as from the state attorney general's office, Jacques Mehoff and from the US Postal Inspection department (dude carries a gun!) Ben D. Over.  They asked me a million questions about the check.  I had to turn over my computer and all correspondence between you and me.  I asked what was the matter with the check but they wouldn't go into details.  They have all the addresses you gave me so I wanted to give you a warning since they mentioned about using local police to visit.
I have faith that you will be able to answer all their questions but it seems like I won't be able to deposit the check as they took it as evidence.  Does any of this make sense to you?  It must with your marine civil engineering mind!
Are you still interested in the painting?  Because of all this trouble, I feel I should give you a 20% discount - you will be needing to issue a new check anyway.
I must say last Friday's ordeal had me quite shaken.  I am feeling better today so please don't worry about me!
Katherine


If I were really clever, I would have an attachment in my email with the details of the Western Union cash transfer and once opened, would unleash a virus that would incapacitate the scammers computer in a subtle way.  Perhaps not destroy their computer but would target an area that would prevent them from sending out these scam letters ever again.  


Comments

Popular Posts