Scam Part 4

A friend suggested I report this scam with the State of California Consumer Fraud department and the San Francisco District Attorney.  From the US government website:
"People who have no intention of delivering what is sold, who misrepresent items, send counterfeit goods or otherwise try to trick you out of your money are committing fraud. If you suspect fraud, there are some additional steps to take."

So, I did 2 things:  I wrote to the State of California Department of Consumer Affairs and replied to the scammer:

Hello Adam,
I am sorry for not responding earlier - I was working on a possible solution that I think will make you happy and save you money!  I coincidentally have a good friend going to the Manila this month on a humantarian mission (he is an orthopedic surgeon) and he said he would hand carry the painting to Manila on the airplane.  How convenient is that?  I would feel better about the safety of the painting and you would only have to cover the cost of shipping to 10 Chila St.  I might even convince my doctor friend to take a taxi there to deliver it!  I hope you are excited about this as I am!  I can return the check to you and you can issue another in the correct amount.  Sorry my doctor friend can't bring your Ford Roadster with him - ha ha!
Katherine


I doubt anything will come of the my complaint but apparently, my attorney friend who worked in the area of consumer fraud says a critical mass is needed before anything is done.  So, I am adding to the mass of complaints.  If I can find other governmental agencies to contact, I will do so.

Comments

Popular Posts