Scam Part 11

note to readers: I started reporting on this scam Dec 31, 2013, in case you want to start from the beginning.

from me
Hi Adam,
I've been pressuring the bank to either cash the check or return it to me!  I am suppose to return to the bank on Thursday and the person I spoke to said that there should be no problem cashing the check.  They said the check looked a little weird since there was no branch information for the Republic Bank.  So, once this mess is taken care of, should I send you a check to the Texas address (I would rather do that since it is closer than the Phillippines) or should I give the check directly to the shipper when he comes to pick up the painting?  So sorry for this silly delay

from Adam
Hello
Thank you for your concern and i believe you should be able to get the cash this week...You can send the payment to the TX account but make sure you send cash instead of Check,is that understood?you can only send cash via western union.

The shipper will come for the painting as soon as the money has been received.
Thank you so much for your help and i hope to receive the western union details soon.

from me (I am calling him Steve here because there is a Steve that is circulating the identical letter to artists)
Hi Steve,
I went to the bank today and they were most apologetic and asked me to return on Monday.  I can't believe this??!  After this is over, I think I am changing banks!  Well, I hope you have a great weekend and will let you know when I am able to send you the check.  

from Adam
Hello I am waiting for the payment confirmation
What is going on ?

from me
I must say your tone seems impatient.  I am doing what I can from my end.  And it's not like I can send you a check in the amount of $1400 when your check hasn't cleared yet.  I am an artist and you must understand that I am struggling financially.  So, when all this has cleared, I will send you a check to the Texas address.  All this could have been avoided if you sent me a check in the correct amount.  In fact, you can still do that as there doesn't seem to be any time constraints.  

I haven't heard back from the US Postal Inspector - oh well...I thought I could string the scammer along long enough to have the inspectors find the scammers but this must surely be low priority.  I saw on Facebook that other artists in the US have received the same letter.  

 

Comments

Popular Posts