Scam continues Part 8

Now, this from "Jeff" - although I have been corresponding with "Adam".

Hello
I am sorry for the late response..
The Check will be delivered today and you should watch out for it..I think the package was rescheduled to  USPS.
Let me know when you receive it.

When you are done with the payment,here is the information to send the payment

Name:Kathryn Johnson
Address:110 Rocky Ave
City:San Antonio, 
State:Texas 
Zip Code:78223


Jeff


I stopped by my bank today with the "check" (see previous post to see image of check) and the teller and the manager said it looked "good".   After explaining the situation and that this was a scam that has been around for years, they advised me not to cash it.  Ummm, thanks, big help!  I then asked who I should report this to and they didn't know.  They made a photocopy of the check and said they will refer it to their fraud department.  In the meantime, I plan on filing a report with the attorney general of California.  
A Google map search shows that 110 Rocky Ave doesn't exist.  So, what happens if I send a check to that address?  





Comments

Popular Posts