Scam continues Part 5

The response I received from my scammer today:

Please you will have to help me..the check has been sent already..you can just cash it once and for all.

and my response:

Hi Adam,
Was my last email unclear?  My friend is going to Manila this month and can bring the painting, saving you the expense of  shipping.  I will deduct the amount of the painting from the check but please confirm that my friend should deliver the painting to 10 Chila Street.  Once the check is cleared, I can send you the a check for the overpayment.  But, I really need to get confirmation on the plan on delivering the painting - my friend needs to make his travel plans.  Perhaps you have an associate who can meet my friend at the airport?  I can give you his name and flight info once he books his flight.  

I have a feeling this scam is running out of steam and that my scammer is going to give up pretty soon.  I checked the mail today and I haven't received the check yet.   I heard back from the Dept of Consumer Affairs and they directed me to:
California Department of Justice, Office of the Attorney General (AG).  The AG's office establishes and operates projects and programs to protect consumers from fraudulent, unfair, and illegal activities that victimize consumers. 

California Department of Justice
Office of the Attorney General
Public Inquiry Unit
PO Box 944255
Sacramento, CA  94244-2550
Telephone: (916) 322-3360
Toll Free: (800) 952-5225 (CA only)
Web site: https://oag.ca.gov/

I hope that posting all the emails from my scammer will help prevent artists from being taken advantage of.  


Comments

Popular Posts