Scam continues Part 3

The scam continues....
After I replied to his email with my address so he could send the "check", he responded with the following, in the classic form of this scam.  He couldn't even address me by my name so I fear that he received quite a response to this scam.

Hello Seller
Happy New Year,

How are you doing today?There is a little problem in which i think we can settle within ourselves..Remember that i told you about the nature of my job..I was not able to send the payment and when i discussed with my Boss about the Art work and the payment option,he decided to help me by sending the check to you...I think you should be able to get the Check on Monday

The Problem is when i asked him how much he sent,he said he sent the money along with the Shipper's fee and that makes me very sad.I never told him to send any money for the shipper..Remember i am shipping the Art work to the Philippines.

The Money he sent in total is $1890 according to him and i really need your help at this point in time...Can i trust you with this? You are to deduct the cost of your piece and disburse the rest to my shipper in the Philippines who will handle the pickup of the piece(s) as well as my FORD ROADSTER for my newly acquired property in Philippines. 

I really need your help and i hope we can be friends after all...

Here is the Shipper's information..After the check clears,you can deduct the amount for your piece and transfer the remaining money to the Shipper via Western Union Money Transfer.

Here is the information:

Name:Paul Resurreccion
Address: 10 chila st
City:Manila
Country:Philippines.

Please let me know if i can trust you with my little problem and i promise to do more business with you in the nearest future.

Please confirm the receipt of this message.

As we have seen before, there is a check that is much larger than the amount for the art.  Hmmm, the piece he wanted, "Two Trees Posing" is $450 plus sales tax brings the total to $489.38.  The check I should be receiving in the amount of $1890 minus 489.38 comes to a reimbursement of $1400.62.  My next task is to decide whether I will create an artful check in that amount to send to the Phillippines.  The other part of this and this part is true, I have a friend going to the Phillippines for humanitarian work in January - should I offer to reduce the shipping costs by having my friend transport the painting?  That way, my scam friend will save much money in shipping!

Comments

Popular Posts