I am not a hoarder, I'm an artist

Life outside of the studio, I am not a hoarder.  However, you never know when you might need that bit of paper, wood, veneer, plastic for a project and hence, my studio storage space might appear that I have a problem.  After last weekend's open studios, I had to find paintings from my Edges series to bring to a potential buyer.  I knew I had done some early paintings that I wanted to look at since my Edges inventory is rather low.  So, while I hunted for them, I began to throw stuff away.  I filled the large  recycling bin about 1/4 of the way.
Modern Painters and other magazines stacked on the stairs

some of my paintings stacked in the upstairs storage

of course, artists need books!

paintings and boxes of stuff

more paintings and boxes

saved magazine and newspaper images - to the recyling bin

some brought back memories of previous projects
this project was from when I was a first year painting student!


 I found the paintings I was looking for, not on their stretchers and covered in plastic.  After discarding some of the detritus and a chair, I can now walk in a straight line in the storage area.

Comments

Popular Posts