ArtLaunch

I don't remember any of the previous ArtLaunches I've been to that was so well attended as last night's event at SOMArts.  I arrived a bit late and found the space to be teeming with art lovers.  Red dots were appearing throughout the night under works of art.  I saw some great deals and I always have a wishlist as I go through the space several times.    Soad Kader, a painter friend is seen below in her bright blue coat and red pants/shoes.  She was one of the volunteer sales associates working the room.

 A DJ was spinning tunes...

and how about a bar without a huge line!




I was intruiged by this work of repeating circles in a defined palette.  I find repetition in paintings or in photographs to be calming.  Unfortunately, I forgot his name so i tried to look up the artist's work in the Open Studios Guide but couldn't find an image that looked like this one.
The placement of my work was in the small, crowded room in the back, where not many people ventured.  It is however, the absolutely brightest piece in that room, perfect to show how it pops even in a dark space.

This Saturday there will be a free event, SF Art Tasting, where you can have a look at the affordably priced art and do a little wine tasting.

SF ART TASTING
Join us at SF Art Tasting for a taste of art, games, wine, and stimulating discussion at the SF Open Studios Exhibition, featuring over 400 artworks by SF Open Studios artists. Please your palette with wine tastings, while viewing over 400 works of art, sculpture, and jewelry by San Francisco artists.

- Where: SOMArts Cultural Center, 934 Brannan, SF
- When: October 12, 5-7 pm
- Admission: Free, wine tasting at the event is available for donations of $10 or more (cash only)
RSVP here.

Comments

Popular Posts