Photographing the Mission

My day walking along the Mission with friend and camera
I bought a new Nikon mostly to use for portrait work but I thought I would test drive it on the streets of San Francisco.  My friend works in the Mission so I met her at 17th Street and Mission to begin our walk towards 24th Street.  It was a gorgeous day to be out.
As usual, there were a good amount of people...


 lots of visuals...


food to eat...

phones to unlock...

vintage stuff to buy...

ubiquitous masks to gaze at...

 cocktails to imbibe...

money to borrow...
but one mustn't forget to look up...






 to note that some of the old  is still looking pretty good.

And, finally, a trip down Clarion Alley to take in the murals.  No walking trip in the Mission is complete without it.








The camera was easy to use and it was good practice photographing the neighborhood because my goal is to do a photo essay of the Excelsior district.  My favorite photograph from the above?  The US Bank image because of the negative space, angles, lines and shadows.  

Comments

Popular Posts