Excelsior Library Commission completed

Washington Crossing the Delaware Trees 2013
4 ft X 8 ft
acrylic paint on board

My piece for the Excelsior Library is now complete.  The good news is that I am way ahead of schedule but the due date has been pushed back to July (originally was for May 20th) so the bad news is that I have this huge painting in my studio that is taking up a lot of space.  The organizers have generously offered to store the painting in their office but that can't be done till end of May.  Till then, it will remain covered to protect it from my other projects.  It is time to gear up for October Open Studios!

I thought I would share how the painting progressed... from a clay model  to
painting the ground

to depicting the weather


 to adding my tress

and the "clouds".

the original "Washington Crossing the  Delaware"
by Emanuel Leutze
1851



Comments

Popular Posts