Pigments!

Daisy
I have met many wonderful people through my dog, Daisy.  We go to the neighborhood dog park daily and she has a romp with her 4 legged friends and I shoot the breeze with the human friends.  One of them it turns out is a world renowned art restorer and it is fascinating to hear him talk about his past projects.  There is one very exciting restoration project in the works which I am not allowed to mention but I will blog about it when more is known.  This art restorer asked me if I was interested in some pigments - he received a sample  several years back and only needed a jarful instead of the mass quantities he had.

Well, of course I would be interested!


They are both red with one being opaque and the other more transparent.  How fortuitous because I am working on a red painting!

And here are the pigments in the cold wax medium I use.


The pigments are called irgazin  and are used in the automotive industry and therefore must be pretty tough.  I am performing my fade test (lightfastness) whereby I smear a surface with the pigment/wax and cover half of it before exposing it to sunshine (my studio window sill).

Comments

Popular Posts