Mirage by Suzy Barnard

"Mirage" 2010
by Suzy Barnard

I have been waiting to have my very own Suzy Barnard painting and as of last Saturday at the ArtSpan Benefit Auction, I am now the proud owner of "Mirage".  Ever since I saw her work displayed at  Coco500, I've been keeping my eye out for the right piece.  I haven't been able to go to her Open Studios because her weekend was usually the same as my weekend.  And last year at the Auction, I was bidding madly against another on one of her pieces and finally gave up.  The image above doesn't do the painting justice - it has depth and glow that you can't see on a computer.

What I like about this particular piece is the almost monochromatic quality but make no mistake, it is luscious.  I look at it for enjoyment but also for inspiration .  I feel I could look at this for years and learn something from it.

Her work reminds me of JMW Turner's paintings - elegant, strong, and beautiful.






My donation to the auction was sold and will be going to a very happy home - I know the purchaser and I am happy that "Little Green" will be in a beautiful environment.


Comments

Popular Posts