Carlos Villa Memorial

Carlos Villa, a wonderful painting instructor at the San  Francisco Art Institute passed away on March 23, 2013.  He was my introduction to SFAI, a kind, patient, sincere, funny, knowledgeable person who brought much joy to my experience at art school.  I told him that I was very happy at SFAI - I couldn't believe how wonderful it was to take classes there.  That was before an unfortunate incident that happened shortly after my telling him which darkened my days thereafter.  Nevertheless, I learned much from him and had fun at the same time.   I feel fortunate to have known him.


There will be a memorial at SFAI on Thursday, April 25, 2013 from noon to 2 pm in the lecture hall.  

Carlos Villa Memorial
Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 12:00pm - 2:00pm
Lecture Hall
San Francisco Art Institute
800 Chestnut Street
San Francisco, 
CA

SFAI requests that you RSVP if you are planning on attending the memorial service.

Comments

Popular Posts