ArtSpan Juried Benefit Auction 2013

I answered a call for entries for the ArtSpan Juried Benefit Auction 2013.  I had a difficult time deciding which type of painting I should submit since I have 3 styles that might be appropriate for the general public.  I have the 4th style of portraiture which  wouldn't be a good submission.  Who wants a painting of some stranger?  Besides, all the portraits I've done in the past year were given away as gifts.  In the end, I submitted a small painting from my "Edges" series.

"Little Green" 2010
12 in X 12 in

When I went rummaging around my storage area, I came across this small painting which I thought might be perfect for the auction.  It is small and the paintings from the "Edges" series do very well in darker spaces - perfect for that small San Francisco apartment with little wall space (that goes for thousands of dollars a month for rent!)

Now, it us up to the selection committee to decide if my piece is worthy.

Comments

Popular Posts