Yuko - latest Portrait Project painting

My latest finished portrait is of Yuko, a dance and yoga friend who along with all the other subjects of this year long project was helpful to me last year during a very difficult time.  The goal is to do 7 in X 5 in portraits of about 13 people - some have been difficult to nail down for a photo shoot but I have completed 7 portraits, with 2  close to completion.  I still need to photograph two more people and I think I will be giving up on the last 2.

I received one portrait commission because of this work and it being a paying gig, I am putting much more effort into getting approval.  I have been starting with  pencil sketches in my notebook and deciding from these which one to pursue.  For the commission work, I did the pencil sketches from images sent to me (client lives in Finland) and then I did full color pastel drawings with a couple of different poses.  These were sent via email to the client and one pose was chosen.

The big, next question is, where do I go from here?  My initial goal was to paint a pleasing likeness which I believe I have accomplished.  However, I am pondering what will be my own take on portraiture.

Comments

Popular Posts