Portrait of a Lady, NYT article by Diana Trevino Benet

My portrait project has been a challenge and a huge learning experience.  I like to think of it as my year long residency to work on the basics with the goal of creating a likeness that is pleasing and interesting.  I really don't know how my portrait subjects feel about the final outcome but I would like to ask them about the experience probably over a martini or two.  The December 9, 2012 NY Times had a column that interested me titled "The Portrait of a Lady" by Diana Trevino Benet because it gave me some insight about how someone who was having their portrait done, felt about their experience.  It must be terrifying and at least a little uncomfortable just before one sees one's portrait.  How will the artist interpret my face?  Will she see something and exploit it in an unflattering way?  Will I look good (enough)?
my drink of choice: gin martini
In the end, she was pleased with the results.  Whew!


Comments

Popular Posts