Open Studios - done for the year

Open Studios is now over (for me) for the year.  I knew that by taking on my portrait project, i would have fewer visitors and no sales since none of the portraits were for sale.  However, I am taking the long view that my skill and confidence as a portrait painter has improved greatly and it was like spending a year at an artist residency of my own making.  I still have 2 to finish and 3 more to photograph and paint and then, I have another set of portrait paintings I would like to do. At this point, I have to ask myself what am I going to bring to portraiture?  What will be my "thing"?  How can I make the portrait engaging as well as masterful?

I also miss doing my color fields and will start one as soon as I am finished with preparing my sketch for the Excelsior public art project - which will be unveiled this Sunday at the Excelsior Art and Music Festival, at Ocean and Mission Streets.
Daisy 

me in the mirror

some of the portraits
I feel tired, a little disappointed that there wasn't more enthusiasm for the portraits, and my art checking account is looking quite anemic!

Comments

Popular Posts