SF Summer

People often complain about our dark and cold summers in San Francisco.  It is true that the weather is often wet and cold especially in the mornings and especially by the coast.  Where I live, almost the geographical center of San Francisco, we get a lot of wind as well as the cold and wet.  But, I do not mind.  This morning, the weather was a typical San Francisco summer day but I loved it.  While it was foggy, it reminded me of a color field painting.  The air feels fresh and clean and it wasn't cold and windy.  Every morning at least one person makes a comment about our "lousy" summers.  These images do not capture the brightness of the fog and the highlight of sun reflection of the bay in the distance.  

Mark Twain has been attributed with saying "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco" but according to snopes.com, he never said that.  

I continue to work on the Excelsior library commission.  I've done one sketch and I am confident I will have 3 completed sketches by Sept. 11.




Comments

Popular Posts