Green the Excelsior Through Art

After having a near melt down because I felt I wouldn't be able to do this project, I took a deep breath and decided to rethink my original project for the "Green the Excelsior Through Art".  My original idea was to create a crowd scene with "my trees" posing as if listening to music in honor of Jerry Garcia Day which is held every August in McLaren Park, San Francisco.  Those trees require much oil paint and drying time which would have made my one month time line impossible.  I will need to work in acrylic paints and also I want to think about a different theme.   I went to McLaren park to see what would inspire me.  I headed to the area of the park I adore - the little grove of redwood trees.

Could I create the effect of being in the grove?  I feel that I could create an abstracted landscape of trees, almost a color field although as this being public art, there has to be something definite for the viewer to identify with so the trees have to look like trees.

by John Baldessari
I will think about what John Baldessari says about art for the masses.  The work will definitely be landscape in form but probably on the dark side.  Madonna and Child will most likely not make an appearance in the final piece.  Same goes for nudes although a nude dog might sneak in.


The deadline to say yay or nay is today.

Comments

Popular Posts