Great News and then Clarification...

Returning from a holiday, I had great news....my idea for a public art piece for the Excelsior District was selected along with 4 other artists.  The theme of the project is "Green the Excelsior Through Art" - the Excelsior District of San Francisco is  where I spend most days in my studio painting.  I love the Excelsior part of Mission Street - you know you are in the Excelsior when you come across streets named after countries or cities like Brazil Street or Moscow Street.  I frequent many of the businesses there, perhaps more than in my home neighborhood of Noe Valley.  The city would provide the 4 ft by 8 ft panels on which to create our piece.  And, I thought we had a year to complete the piece.

After some clarification, I would have about one month to create a 4 ft X 8 ft trees painting (from my Trees Posing series).  My heart dropped upon learning this because not only would I get exposure and props, it was a paying gig!   The idea I had would take 4 - 6 months which was an ambitious timeline considering many of my trees posing  paintings which are 24 in X 26 in took 3 months to complete.
Now, either I change what I had in mind or drop out of the project.  And, I need to decide by tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts