Bad Art Good Walls in SF

One of my favorite shows, Portlandia, had a segment called "Bad Art Good Walls" - I posted the video on my blog in March.  Since then, I've been paying attention to the kind of art on the walls of businesses.  For the most part, the art is decent and the walls are lit adequately.  However, I came across this in a San Francisco hipster venue in the Mission and I was struck by the bad placement of the art, the location of the art (I Photoshopped the image so that you could see the paintings in the dimly lit area), and the quality of the art.  I know how important it is to get one's work out there but this wasn't a show that was curated by anyone who either cared or had knowledge.  The walls could have been good if they were well lit.  The art was, let's just say, a promising beginning.


Comments

Popular Posts