June Schwarcz - enamel artist

A wonderful Spark piece about local artist, June Schwarcz.  First of all, i didn't know how enamel was formed and was enlightened and second of all, she is a senior citizen (age 89 years old at the time of the filming) still working, handling super hot material (I get nervous around the super hot temperatures needed to melt glass) and is inspirational on so many levels.  The work is beautiful, with some pieces reminding me of raku pottery. I get the sense she loved experimentation.  I love that we get to see her working in her studio, a little bit of insight into her process.



And, what happened to KQED's Spark?  I haven't seen a new episode in a long time.  I loved that this local show highlighted the local art scene.  It seems no new episodes were made in 2011, or at least they weren't archived.

Comments

Popular Posts