Cataract surgery - left eye

Fort Funston at very low tide
My first cataract surgery on my left eye
was done this morning.  And while i heard the stories that there was nothing to it, i definitely felt uncomfortable during the procedure.  It was, however, very quick - maybe 15 mintues although who can tell under the influence of the IV drip.  The worst part was my reaction to the anesthetic fentanyl,  I threw up everything i had post surgery ( water, juice) and felt unwell.  They gave me two types of anti nausea medication but it took me quite a while to feel good enough to sit up.  I might have been the youngest one there at the Eye Surgery Center  but i was definitely the sickest!  There were patients who had their surgery way after mine and left way before me.
My surgeon implanted a toric lens while fixing my cataract and my vision is already noticeably improved.  It initially had the "Instagram" (see above image with fuzzy edges and off colors) look to everything with muted colors and fuzzy vision but while watching television, i noticed that my vision was better in my surgery eye than my untouched eye with correction.  I still see fuzzy edges but my distance vision is much improved.  I hope this will be a contining trend.

Comments

Popular Posts