Cataract Surgery in December

I am scheduled to have cataract surgery in December and yes, i am too young to be having this, thanks for asking.  But my mother and brother both had the surgery so i guess it must be a genetic condition.  It is worrying to think about the risks involved such as decreased color perception, cloudy vision, but it is difficult for me to be in the sun and particularly difficult if it is sunny and there are white buildings that are reflecting the light.  Sunglasses help but i can't wear them and drive at night when the headlights of cars blind me.  My studio has become difficult to work in when the sun is shining.  I have to move my canvas away from the windows.  My cataract surgeon says he almost never recommends this to his patients but he recommended i correct my severe astigmatism.  So, my vision will improve enough where i won't have to wear distance glasses but will need reading glasses.  Of course, i am concerned if my color perception will change but it will be interesting if it changes to be more accurate.  Although, recent work  strongly suggest that our perception of color is controlled much more by our brains than by our eyes.

Comments

Popular Posts