One of my art sales from this last Open Studios on the wall of a bedroom.
From my "Trees Posing" series that i did as an experiment - this one is painted on wood veneer. I was inspired by Japanese screens and the frequent theme of the natural world. I wanted to do my own piece with my imaginary trees posing. The piece is somewhat fragile as there is no strong backing, only thick acid free paper. An art conservator stopped by my open studios gasped as she noted its thinness. She suggested gluing foam core to the back but i like knowing that it is delicate by nature and therefore, some attention needs to be taken. Although, i might try gluing it to some support but somehow, foam core seems cheap and nasty. I may look into a plastic back from TAP Plastics.

Another art patron hung his tree portrait above his bed as well. Something to do with bringing peace and tranquility to his bedroom.

Comments

Popular Posts