OS Guides are here!


I was excited to open my ArtSpan Open Studios Guide. It's heft promised that it would be full of images and content and I wasn't disappointed. I think it is the best OS Guide since I've been participating in Open Studios. There are great ads, photos of people behind the scenes of ArtSpan and special events, interviews, some really interesting and helpful articles about art collecting for example and of course, the indispensible map and all the art of participating artists. I was wondering how my image would turn out since it is dark and has subtlety that would be lost in a photo. It didn't turn out half bad, I am relieved to say. Will it be enough for someone to think, "oh, i must see that painting in person?"... only if they are into color field, non representational art. That is why I am showing a rather loud painting at the SOMarts show opening this Thursday. Instead of showing "Camellia" as mentioned in a previous post, I changed my mind at the last minute and decided to show this one instead for the simple reason that people have expressed interest in seeing "Camellia" at my open studios. Did I mention that this series of paintings work really well in a dark room?


You can pick up your own guide at one of these locations or pick one up at my studio this weekend. Sometime this week, I will once again, sit in my comfy chair with a cup of tea and cookie, look for my favorite artists and discover new ones. I must say, when i dropped off my painting, i had a quick look at the work already up and I found a few that need a second look! Better bring my checkbook to ArtLaunch this Thursday.

Comments

Popular Posts